Friday, February 5, 2010

Question Friday 05

Question friday time! Had a lot of last minute questions, but as long as they are in, I'm good. Here we go.


--


1. What is Julian's favorite book/book genre?
This is hard. I actually think that he probably hates books because they go through such an extensive education as kids. He particularly hates history because as the heir to the thrown, he has a lot he has to learn.

2. What's Julian's favorite food?

Errrr... I have no idea. Food in general? You've stumped me.

3. From the following choices, pick the word that describes Julian best:
A) reserved or outgoing:
Outgoing.
B) Passive or aggressive:
Passive.
C) Logical or spontaneous:
Logical.
D) idealistic or realistic:
Realistic.
E) confident or a nervous wreck:
Apathetic



I would like to add, that I answered those questions based on Julian prior to the quest. He changes after that.



4. What's your favourite movie to watch when you need a pick me up?
I have a list of movies that I put on when I need something fun. They are Stardust, Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Pride & Prejudice.


5. What's your favourite appetizer?
I love appetizers. It depends on the mood I'm in. Anything with bread is a good thing.


6. Have you ever seen Lethal Weapon 4? Do you realize I've had the dentist office scene from that movie stuck in my head ever since I saw the title of your blog post last night after I got off work?
Oh my gosh, this is craziness. I haven't seen it before, but I will now have to figure it out to feel caught up with you.


7. Why steampunk?
This is actually a great question and I have a good answer, which makes me feel cool. I wanted to write a fantasy book, but I didn't want to have magic involved, but I did want something with that same whimsical feel. I wanted creatures involved, but I wasn't sure how to do that. My other love is scifi, but I do not have the brains to make that work. Once you get into that dimension, I start to get lost. I knew that there had to be an in between. Something that let me create a world that wasn't our own, but had elements of technology. I needed something very specific and when I realized that steampunk filled both those qualifications, I knew I had something. Steampunk allows me to be a total nerd with gadgets and technology, but still have that fantasy world in mind. I know that adding in the Greek myths is definitely a stretch, but it seems to be a theme right now, so I am embracing it as something that I have always loved. It's a great backbone to it.

---

Thanks for the questions! LL&P

No comments:

Post a Comment