Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Princess of [Kingdom]


Continuing with my family theme, you get to briefly meet Julian's sister. I know these haven't been the most interesting posts, but they give you a little bit of info on the other characters in the story, or at least characters I am allowed to introduce you to without giving anything away. Like I promised last week, here's Sophia.


Name: Sophia Helen de Arques
Age: 17
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 110
Build: Slender, elegant, small boned
Eyes: Deep blue and almond shaped, but larger than her mother’s
Skin: Olive
Hair: Waist length, golden dark blonde with a slight wave.
Other Facial Features: Striking features with soft eyes and high cheekbones. Resembles her mother, but more striking.
Occupation: Princess
Personality: Intelligent, perceptive, observant and generally quiet, but has a gentle way of expressing herself verbally. She has a way with words and charming everyone around her. She less gentle with her older brother.
Background: Born to be the crown jewel of the family. She if very beautiful for as young as she is. She does not regret her place in the family, though she would like to choose her own husband as opposed to having to be arranged in a marriage and her mother has tried to make it as easy as possible. She is currently seeking suitors.
Greek God Equivalent: Athena


Uh, yup. That's about it. I can't really think of anything else I was going to say about this today. I will point out, that my dog's name is Sophia and I kinda like it that way. I know she will have a place in the book, but I'm not completely sure how in depth it is just yet. 


Good news, I'm planning on disappearing out of my house for a bit tonight to go sit at Starbucks, get a drink and do some work on this whole thing. I'm not sure what my plan is for tonight. We'll see how it goes over. I'm looking forward to getting out of my house for a while though. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. You know what would be more fun than getting out of the house and working on your novel at Starbucks?

    Turning each stage of going to Starbucks into a mini quest. :D

    /random dorkitude

    In all honesty, I like Sophia. I just don't have much to ask you about with these profiles because they are so straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... it is like an impossible quest to get to Starbucks to write. Another night that I didn't get the chance.

    I like when you have questions, but I think I like it better than I'm thorough enough for you not to have any questions. Also, I kinda love Sophia, too. I'm sad that she probably won't play a huge part in the books. I mean, she's back at the castle and he's out running around, so we meet her in the first few chapters before he leaves, but after that... I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like a dutiful daughter. Would she ever have reason to rebel during Julien's quest? Or, if she found a potential, would she be required to learn a bit about the world before taking on her new role?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could always a) have scenes at both places, and she has to be the next-in-line while he's off questing, or b) have him come across some garbled rumour or other about her on his travels and go "Wait, what?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That whole rumor idea is kind of good. I hadn't even thought of that. I'm sure I can come up with something and I've done some more development since I last thought about it, so I know she will play a part.

    ReplyDelete