Sunday, January 2, 2011

Finding Stability

Hi readers, if there's any of you left. The last post I did on this blog was April. That was the longest run on any resolution I've ever made. I will not be making the same resolution again.

No, instead I've vowed to make a ritual out of writing. That means I will write because it is what I love to do and it is something I need to prove to myself. The characters of this trilogy have been poking at me lately and I realized just how much I missed them. There's so much of this story that I want to write and expose to everyone who loves a good story, yet I've failed at revealing that. I need to get back to my roots of wanting to make an audience feel the tug of a good adventure.

So, I will post here from time to time. Not regularly. Not on a schedule, but out of ritual as I take on the creativity that I refuse to let wither. Like anything else,  I suppose creativity takes some cultivating and I've done a very poor job of that as of late.

Julian de Arques III will take the adventure of a lifetime if it kills me... or him. Check back if you wish and please feel free to annoy me at sailthecartographer@gmail.com if you aren't sure where I've gone. Or even if you just have other questions or encouragements. I'm looking for support. Please bring some.

2 comments:

  1. well glad to see you're back at posting here!

    can i make something of a suggestion... it's wonderful to see the world get built together with your descriptions on a character to character basis.. but to quote something one of my favorite authors once said "dont tell the reader.. show them"

    by that i mean.. you're an amazing writer, and maybe it'll be funner for you to actually write short bits about characters in terms of a story rather than block form bios..

    either way hope to read more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. I might write some shorts for things, but it gets difficult because there's very little I can write into a short that won't give away a lot. So, it's all dependent on what I write.

    ReplyDelete