Thursday, February 25, 2010

Uhhh... I can explain, really...

Yeaaaaahhh... so, after 39 successful posts (gimme credit) I finally missed a day. I knew I was going to at some point and considering all I had to do was post some more of that character profile, I'm pretty disappointed in myself for missing. However, I'm not going to get hung up on it, because that would be useless. Then again, I can't just let it slide, so this is my proposition;


Comment on this blog with suggestions for what you think is a suitable punishment. It can be anything you want whether that be something embarrassing or me answering one no boundaries question about the books. I'm leaving it up to you. I will then choose a punishment from your suggestions, because I'm not about to be publicly embarrassed all over the internet without some say. Get to it, people.


It is also Question Friday tomorrow. So, if you have questions for me, let me know! If I don't get any questions... I'll just post for Friday as if it was today or yesterday to make up for the missed post.


Here's some more info on Julian!


Speech

1. What does this character's voice sound like? High-pitched, deep, hoarse? 
His voice is just a touch deeper than average. 

2. How does he normally speak? Loud, soft, fast, evenly? Does he talk easily, or does he hesitate? 
It is clear as a bell and he doesn’t slur his words at all, so its easy to understand him. He attempts to sound intimidating and commanding, but it usually falls just short, because there’s not a whole lot of intimidating man buried inside him. He doesn’t stutter or hesitate, but speaks clearly and openly. He doesn’t talk loudly, but just at the right pitch, somewhere in the middle. A lot of this comes from speech therapy that the princes and princesses go through growing up in order to be great speakers. However, when having down time, he tends to relax his gate of speech. 

3. Does the character have a distinct accent or dialect? Any individual quirks of pronunciation? Any, like, you know, verbal tics? 
The accent equivalent would be a high-class British accent. He doesn’t have any strange quirks in how he speaks, but he does tend to sound a little surfer-bumish when he’s just hanging out. He is really relaxed and uses a lot of slang. However, he can turn on the royal voice and sound extremely proper.

4. What language/s does he speak, and with how much fluency? 
English is the only language that is applicable. Except for maybe the language that the Sirens speak, which I’m still not sure about. (No one understand that but them and someone who spends all their time around them.)

5. Does he switch languages or dialects in certain situations? 
No.

6. Is he a good impromptu speaker, or does he have to think about his words? 
He is very good on the spot, but sometimes he sounds kind of stupid, but that’s mostly because he doesn’t have a lot of experience with the world.

7. Is he eloquent or inarticulate? Under what circumstances might this change? 
He is very eloquent when he needs to be. Otherwise, like I mentioned, super relaxed and lots of slang and half-sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment