Monday, January 18, 2010

Julian de Arques III

I have absolutely no idea what to post today. I'm completely lost and confused and have things to do and need to be cleaning and I'm writing a horrible run on sentence, but you will forgive me because I'm going to make it up to you by posting my (edited) notes on my main character.


Name: Julian Therius de Arques III
Age: 20
Height: 5’11
Weight: 165-185
Build: Lean, muscular
Eyes: Narrow, intense, but not intimidating, dark brown.
Skin: Tan, olive skin
Hair: Wavy, falls below his chin, often pulled back into a ponytail, chocolate brown.
Other Facial Features: Strong, able, defined jaw, narrowed eyes, intense brow, warm smile, and inviting eyes.
Occupation: Prince and heir to the throne
Personality: Free spirited, often argumentative with his family, naïve about the world, young, impulsive, driven.
Background: Born the Third Julian Therius de Arques. Will be the fifteenth son of the de Arques dynasty to rule over the land. He grew up knowing his place in the kingdom and what was expected of him.
Greek God Equivalent: Apollo
Other:
Info: Main character and protagonist. Will be written in his POV.


And of course, some of you who haven't heard already, you will be curious if there is a face that I imagine. Before I post this guys picture, I want you to know that I did not base Julian's looks on this actor. It happened exactly the opposite way. I created the character, then was watching a movie and saw him and maybe it was subconscious, but it doesn't matter. So, this is the man that is JUST FOR REFERENCE! It is just supposed to help you see him, too.




That is all for today. I don't have much to talk about because I'm totally out of it today and getting over being sick and all that fun. Then again, I am making brownies, so that's reason to be excited.



3 comments:

  1. Even if I hadn't known whose picture you were going to post for a reference, the description alone would have put him in mind - and if you'd posted anyone else, he'd still be the one I saw. So he's pretty much a perfect reference point.

    I don't know why but the name Julian suits Apollo.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it hates me...*punch*

    Anyway, definite Ben Barnes LOL. And this book sounds exciting, i can't wait to read it! Julian sounds like a hero i'd like:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meiri - I can't imagine him as anyone else either. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Julian is appropriate for an Apollo-like character. I get a lot of weird looks when I mention that his name is Julian. People seem to think that isn't a good name, but I can't imagine him as anything else.

    Hilary - Julian sounds like he's a pain in the butt. He's going to be difficult, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete